American Express has launched a new limited time offer for new Cardmembers signing up to the Business Platinum Card, rewarding entrepreneurs further for their everyday business spending.
Between 14 June to 18 July 2023, new Business Platinum Cardmembers that sign up and are approved can earn a £100 statement credit, on top of a Welcome Bonus of 40,000 Membership Rewards points, when they spend £12,000 in the first three months on the Card.
Earned on every transaction, Membership Rewards allow business leaders to use their points however best suits them, whether that’s stocking up on office supplies, redeeming for business and leisure travel, or treating hardworking employees. And at a time when businesses are facing rising costs, the £100 statement credit can be used to offset expenditure.
The limited time offer launches as new American Express data1 found that UK SME leaders are looking to invest to help drive business growth in the year ahead. The survey revealed that four in 10 (41%) SME owners and decision makers are looking to ramp up their marketing activity, with a quarter (26%) targeting improved staff productivity and about one in six (16%) investing in automation through new software or technology.
Amanda Salt, Vice President, Small & Medium Enterprises, UK Card Services at American Express, said: “Small and medium businesses continue to face challenges but it’s encouraging to see a significant number targeting investment in areas that will help drive growth. Our focus is on supporting SME leaders and their businesses with the financial backing they need, along with access to valuable rewards and benefits earned from their everyday business spending.”
The ability to earn up to £100 Statement Credit and Welcome Bonus of 40,000 points comes on top of a wide range of existing benefits for Business Platinum Cardmembers, including:
- Accelerated points earn 10,000 extra Membership Rewards points when they spend over £10,000 on their Card, every month; up to 120,000 per year
- £200 Annual Travel Credit when booking with American Express Travel Online
- Simpler supplier payments with access to the Bluechain platform that helps streamline invoice management and payments
- Cashflow Management, with up to 54 days to pay for purchases, cash can stay in your account for longer, making money management more flexible.
- AmexExpense frees up business time with a simple solution to complicated and frustrating company expenses
- Business-focused offers for example, Business Platinum Cardmembers get £150 of credit with Dell per year
Source: American Express