Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) announced that it has commenced sales of its completely redesigned Sienta minivan in Japan.
The Sienta was launched in September 2003 as a vehicle that combines the convenience of a minivan, with a spacious cabin and seating for seven passengers, into a compact body size. Each generation of the Sienta has provided solid support for family life by remaining consistently close to Japanese families and carrying a deep understanding of changing customer values from the very first generation. This consideration in design has earned driver loyalty and passenger admiration.
The development team once again considered customer feedback and tried to uncover their real hopes for the Sienta in developing this new model. The conclusion they reached was preserving the vehicle’s easy-to-manage length, latest safety and security features, fuel economy, and affordable price while further refining the user-friendly cabin space preserved from the first generation. The team has ensured a cabin space that seven adults can ride in without changing the length and width, making it a better companion that matches customer lifestyles. The second-row seats, where most passengers sit, have been re-designed to provide more spacious rear seat space for both legroom and head clearance. In addition, the new Sienta adopts a revamped powertrain that achieves both fuel economy and driving performance through TNGA, as well as the latest safety and security features in support of family drives. The consideration that has been added to the new Sienta will bring smiles to the faces of the whole family.
A practical design for easy use in a variety of situations
- An exterior design that provides a spacious cabin space and good maneuverability
- Large cabin with a horizontal beltline. Large windows offer good visibility and driving ease.
- Simple “Shikakumaru” circle and square design. Rounded corners create a compact appearance, and the circle and square silhouette lead to good maneuverability.
- Large side protection moldings honestly convey its functionality as a tool that can be used easily.
- A total of seven body colors that blend into everyday life with the Sienta. Colors include Urban Khaki and a vivid Scarlet Metallic. In addition, Scarlet Metallic and Grayish Blue two-toned colors that match the dark gray roof color are also available.
- Interior design that expands the fun of use and creates a comfortable cabin space
- Simple “Shikakumaru” circle and square design. A design that evokes a sense of attachment has been pursued, with iconic, simple, and unified door pockets, cup holders, and registers.
- Pictograms to suggest items that fit into the storage spaces in a fun way.
- A thin, light, and horizontally arranged instrument panel made of fabric. Seamless connections from the front edge of the upper section to the left and right door belt lines support a sense of interior roominess and make it easy to judge the size
- Three interior colors for a comfortable cabin. Color schemes include the bright Fromage and calm and relaxing Black. An easy-to-love Khaki is an available option as part of the Fan Tool Package.
User-friendly cabin space filled with innovations
- Innovations to create a comfortable and convenient cabin space
- Cabin height was increased by 20 mm from previous models while maintaining an easy-to-manage length and maneuverability. In addition, a low horizontal belt line and upright side glass design create a spacious and open interior
- UV-block and IR-block functions are available as Comfort Package options for all windows around the cabin space, blocking IR and UV rays for a more comfortable space
- A maximum of 1,000 mm, or +80 mm compared to previous models, of class-leading front/rear couple distance has been achieved to improve second-row comfort. Shopping baskets can be conveniently placed under seats for everyday shopping.
- A ceiling air circulator has been installed for rear-seat comfort to efficiently circulate warm/cold air from the air conditioning unit to the rear seats, which eliminates the temperature difference between the front and rear seats
- Sunshades for rear seats have been installed on sliding doorsWhile maintaining the popular low 330 mm floor height and stepless flat floor, the power sliding door opening height has been expanded to 1,200 mm, +60 mm compared to previous models, to make it easier to get in and out of rear seats. All family members, from children to the elderly, can easily get in and out of the vehicle.
- Equipped with hands-free dual power sliding doors. This enables users carrying the key to automatically open and close the sliding doors simply by placing their feet under the sensors at the bottom of the front doors. This is a very convenient feature when both hands.
- The rear hatch door opening height has been increased by 15 mm compared to previous models. Luggage space height has also been increased by 20 mm compared to previous models, allowing for smoother loading and unloading. A bicycle with 27-inch tires can be loaded without the handlebars getting stuck in the opening, so, for example, parents can pick up their children with bicycles after cram school in a sudden rain storm.
- In addition to the floor luggage space, the two-row five-seater model has expanded luggage space height by 50 mm compared to previous models, which was achieved by changing the tilt-down structure of the second-row seats to lower the height of the back of the seats when folded. The flat, large-capacity luggage space is ideal for active situations such as outdoor activities where a large amount of cargo is loaded.