Honda Motor Co., Ltd. will begin sales of the all-new ZR-V SUV, on April, 2023, at dealerships across Japan.
The ZR-V was developed as a model which combines “practicality,” the core value of an SUV, “reliability” based on the latest safety features and passive safety performance, distinctive “design” with a strong presence and exhilarating and comfortable “driving experience,” all on a high level.
Key features of ZR-V
The development concept of ZR-V – Unleash Your Potential – represents Honda’s desire to enable its customers to drive their vehicle “at the will of the driver,” providing a greater sense of confidence and helping liberate them to unleash their unique personality to try something new.
- By reducing the height difference from the heel point to the hip point, a sedan-like driving position was achieved, enhancing a sense of oneness between driver and vehicle.
- Exhilarating visibility, which contributes to the ease of driving, was while focusing on three key points regarding the driver’s gaze/eye movement: “not to distract the flow,” “not to interrupt the flow” and “to make it easier to grasp changes in vehicle behavior.” Based on this approach, the basic design lines which enable the driver to more easily grasp the movement direction and overall orientation of the vehicle were applied both inside and outside the vehicle. A number of packaging technologies, including the use of these basic design lines, made the ZR-V easy to drive.
- All-new ZR-V offers a variety of storage spaces, which feature both beautiful design and excellent user-friendliness, ensuring utility that accommodates various customer needs. The floor of the cargo area was designed as flat as possible, and a corrugated geometric pattern created through digital modeling design*1 was adopted on the sides for the first time for any Honda vehicle in Japan, achieving uniformity in design quality and functionality that make scratches less noticeable. Moreover, the power tailgate is standard equipment for all types of ZR-V.
- The exterior design features flowing proportions characterized by large, smooth surfaces that flow from front to rear.
- The design of the front-fascia features a vertical grille, designed in concert with surrounding areas, and sharp-looking, wide-set headlights that flow horizontally. These features create a highly sophisticated expression, yet with stature and a strong presence.
- The rear of the body is shaped to emphasize the vehicle’s wide tread by adding volume around the bottom of the body, with a smooth, upswept look.
- The interior features an instrument panel that stretches out horizontally in a linear
- . Moreover, the interior design features a functional and precise finish on all parts to accentuate the beauty of the form, creating a high-quality interior space. In addition, a high-deck center console between the driver and front passenger seats offers the right amount of “personal feeling” for both driver and front passenger.
- As the value customers feel the most in this vehicle, the development team put the highest priority on providing a “greater sense of confidence and helping liberating customers” to enjoy by driving this vehicle “at the will of the driver.” To this end, the team strived to realize a driving experience with a sense of unity, as if the driver’s intentions are directly translated into vehicle behavior. Unnecessary vehicle movements and noises were thoroughly suppressed, and a high level and constant ground contact was secured to offer greater peace of mind for all occupants.
- The hybrid model of the all-new ZR-V will be the first Honda SUV to be equipped with the Sport e:HEV that combines a 2.0-liter direct injection engine that debuted on the Civic e:HEV and the advanced 2-motor hybrid system (e-CVT). By advancing both the hardware and control software, the new e:HEV further improved fuel economy, low emission performance and quietness compared to the previous version of e:HEV, while also realizing powerful acceleration comparable to a V6 3.0-liter engine, which is only possible with a motor-driven powertrain. The all-new ZR-V e:HEV will offer a high-quality, exhilarating driving experience in various driving situations including driving on city and suburban roads, highways and winding roads.
- The Real-time AWD is available on all types, including both hybrid and gasoline variations. By optimizing distribution of front and rear driving force, the tires firmly grip the road surface, enabling the driver to feel great peace of mind even while driving on slippery surfaces such as snowy roads. Moreover, the increase in rear-wheel driving force enables the driver to start and accelerate with confidence even on snowy hills.
- The driver can choose from four drive modes according to the driving situation: SPORT mode, NORMAL mode, ECON mode and SNOW mode. The ZR-V will be the first Honda SUV in Japan to feature SNOW mode, which suppresses the amount of driving force transmitted in response to depressing the accelerator pedal and supports the driver to achieve a smooth start and acceleration even on slippery road surfaces such as snowy roads.
Safety and Peace of Mind
- Honda SENSING
All ZR-V models are equipped with the latest features of the Honda SENSING safety and driver-assistive system. The front wide-view camera system features a wide-angle camera with an effective horizontal viewing angle of approximately 100 degrees and a high-speed image processing chip to enhance the detection accuracy of objects for Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) and other applications. The sonar sensors mounted in four locations on both the front and rear bumpers detect objects such as exterior walls of buildings and glass at close range with a high level of accuracy, contributing to the suppression of false starts due mostly to the driver hitting the accelerator by mistake, as well as avoiding collisions. In addition, radar built into the rear bumper detects vehicles approaching from behind within 25 meters, and the system alerts the driver of the presence of a vehicle diagonally behind with indicators in the door mirror. This Blind Spot Information is a standard feature of Honda SENSING for the ZR-V.
- BOSE Premium Sound system
The audio system equipped with 12 speakers was developed jointly with BOSE to be best suited to the cabin environment of the ZR-V. The surround sound with realistic sensations and a comfortable listening experience less likely to be affected by changes in driving conditions, enables all occupants to enjoy the realistic sound experience as if they are inside a concert hall.
Source: Honda Motor Corporation
One thought on “Honda to Begin Sales of All-new ZR-V SUV in April 2023”
[…] and is built upon the combination of innovative beamforming (CrystalBeam™), sophisticated image processing (CrystalLive™) and advanced S-Vue Single Crystal Transducers™ to produce clear, uniform and […]
Comments are closed.